Monday, September 21, 2026

Nahui Mictlan: Those who rules the planet

 I've updated this blog alittle from the "Cafe Yiffa" to this. Cafe Yiffa wallpaper was definitely what resembled me most of my 5-6 years, or whenever I started this blog. The biggest issue is, this blog did kind of start with a "lazy tone" for the title Fate. I did think about it in a way: should I change what I have already established in this blog, as a lazy cozy vibe that I was back then, or something else more representative of my entire story. It took me a long 4 minutes to ponder about this, and I decided to update this to what it is now.

This background represent the story that I will always put closest to my heart: Fate Grand Order, Lostbelt 7. Yes indeed it is about losing someone's belt the seventh time. Nah this time I have to admit that it is a joke for the sake of respect to this story. Just to be clear because I know there's like 5342534 you who probably doesn't know what this is about. In summary: the world is swept clean of every life form, and the hero must prune/destroy the 7 possible routes of Earth history that is so absurd that even the planet deemed them as "impossible even for parallel universe." And the 7th world that was materialized was essentially... about dinosaurs. Yep. In this world (spoiler): The world branched off from the original world history around 300 million years, which is vastly different from the rest of the lostbelt where they broke off between few hundreds to thousands of years. Some is as simple as: what happened if the first emperor of China indeed found immortality, and another went to the idea of what happened if the divine beings in the Greek pantheon (Zeus/Hera/etc.) never left Earth as they did in the our original world, and some as abstract as what if the holy sword Excalibur was never made because the fairies who were tasked with them became "lazy." This Lostbelt 7 is essentially about what if 200 million years ago, an intelligent entity in the shape of mycelium, yes just long fungus, landed on Earth, and the dinosaurs were saved by these entity by sheltering them underground. I know is very wild.

Here the dinosaurs essentially reached peak science and intelligence. What do they do though? Nothing. They live peacefully and that's all. They even surpassed all level of what humans can even biologically do. They chose to live very long and not make anything significant. All in all, 0 history was made. Like they don't have a history book. Since they live for millennials, live to them was as simple as waking up, get some food, back home. Rinse and repeat for 100000 years until they die. They have peak power and knowledge, but unlike human, they don't have desire. The lack of desire, led them to have zero record of history. To show how much they are ignorant of progress, to them, a civilization that was formed for tens of million years and extinct for millions of years were like 10 years ago event for them.

In the plot, it was shown that the world is collapsing by itself due to... some alien spider... yes. However, they didn't even fear death as that's what they all know somedays that would happen to them. What's interesting was, they didn't even bother trying to fight back against the invader, as they deemed it "dispensable act." However, after days spending time with the protagonist, they got to hear human history and the histories from other lostbelts, they were able to understand something they couldn't fathom before: the need to make history yourself, to be remembered for an act. The stories they loved to hear, was literally only made possible by the desire of others to make history. In the last moment of their life, instead of simple death, they decided to go off fighting, making a history for the remnant of humanity (the protagonists) to remember. This is also added with the fact knowing that in order for the real human history they admired to materialized back to Earth, destruction of lostbelts are required, including theirs. They chose to die by their own choice and make history, and not as another bystander creature that dies by simply accepting their fate. We made friends with them, understanding their culture is literally what many humans wishes human to be: without the 7 deadly sins. One can say they represent sloth, but to be fair, how can you be a sloth knowing that you lack the power to destroy a planet eating spider being, while the underground world itself is also no longer able to support itself. The world outside of the underground is inhospitable, so escaping out is not an option in this world either. In the end, the dinosaurs, who have nearly 0 history record for 100+ million years, left the world fighting in an act to of defiance towards the unstoppable force to generate 1 history record for humanity to remember.

The story, touched me as I was also in that mindset of life. Why make history? Why do I need to tell people I had a fun weekend? I do what I want to do and you do you. What did all of these led me to? Someone that doesn't have much to share in his life in the US. In the past many years I've been ignorant to my parent's health, the situation I am in, and many more. After learning that there are problems I have in life that I have to solve, I was quite scared that I couldn't do it. This was never realized until my first trip to Canada when my dad's specialist gave him the time left he may have (which turns out to just be general life expectancy later on), I felt like I should have done more things in life to close our distance and enjoy the time left together. I have always been passive and scared, until I felt like I have to initiate things in life by marriage and planning life in Canada, where we can be closer together.

For most of the time I did things with fear, and discomfort because it is outside of what I have to do. With the uncertainty the government gives, I was even more scared to initiate anything in life; until I read this story. Going off bravely to tackle what's coming to them and be remembered their bravery and desire to make history for the first time ever, moved me. From then on, the same fire lit in me. I decided to get out of my room, bravely make the things I have to do in order to make history. Which is who I am now, someone who is making history every week, regardless for who and why. I have generated: memories. This is theme, and story undoubtly represents who I am now. If I have to get out of this country that I've been in for 10+ years plus, I will leave with memories, which will be my history.

Nahui Mictlan: Those who rules the planet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nahui Mictlan: Those who rules the planet

 I've updated this blog alittle from the "Cafe Yiffa" to this. Cafe Yiffa wallpaper was definitely what resembled me most of m...